Because once in a while life is life, and you just gotta preserve the meals in reality easy. And superb wholesome. And deliciously delicious.
Like when you come lower back from holiday on a Monday and you recognize, on Friday, that it actually simply takes you twice as long to get over your experience-scapades than the quantity of time you virtually spent tripping. Is that a win or a fail? Don’t solution that.
Or like while you obtain a group of substances to make absolutely awesomely creative and powerhouse nutritious food for the week, however then it becomes the quit of the week and also you open the fridge and all of your precise substances are nevertheless staring you back in the face even as your empty cereal bins are telling the hard fact about your real life.
Or like when you try and wake up within the morning but mattress – oh that candy loving bed – it’s so warm and so cozy and it calls you back in for kind of 50 million alarm snoozes. definitely, every so often I just try and think about what lifestyles is like for you amazingly grownup heroes with the toddlers, you people who awaken all night and then early within the morning and should be a functioning man or woman inside the world who is chargeable for a process, a residence, and the protection and properly-being of your tiny people, and i simply get 200% crushed. Please tell me – what's your secret? Are you all in order that very good at hiding your lack of sleep? have you evolved wonderful powers? How are you even alive? ALL HAIL THE mother and father.
So all that to say, this week i'm making simple, healthy, and delicious absolutely non-negotiable in my again-to-it cooking exercises, and i’m guessing you might be searching out a number of the same. because existence, guy.
And that works out well as it’s exactly what we've going on nowadays.
15 Minute Cauliflower Fried Rice is loaded with vegetables and protein (eggs or tofu, maybs?) and it is drizzled with a little somethin greater (soy sauce, hoisin glaze, take your select) and it is, in reality, easy, wholesome, deliciously scrumptious.
guys, have you ever heard of this cauliflower rice thingy? It’s pretty obnoxious at first look (why not simply make RICE? does everything need to be crafted from cauliflower?) however upon in addition investigation and much cauliflower rice consumption, i can with a bit of luck say that that is really worth the weirdo thing.
just consider how healthful that is. seriously.
It’s just immediately up greens, with a bit oil, a touch sauce, and a bit egg or tofu for protein. Cleanest of the clean.
also – it’s so rapid and clean.
simply pulse the uncooked cauliflower into “rice” within the food processor after which stir fry the whole thing up. No soaking, no urgent, no unusual and unusual kitchen movements aside from just pulsing some pieces of cauliflower into this magical rice substitute.
This recipe is just too clean so that you can even have any excuses. Get all your ingredients out (a bit mise en location, perhaps? #fancy) and i promise it won’t take you extra than 15-ish mins. Dinner! geared up! Set! move!
15 MINUTE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
15 Minute Cauliflower Fried Rice – healthy + clean fried rice made with cauliflower, carrots, onions, garlic, eggs/tofu, and sesame oil! Vegetarian / vegan / gluten free.
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 beaten eggs (use scrambled tofu for vegan)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (use tamari for GF)
- 6 green onions, minced
- PREP CAULIFLOWER: Shred cauliflower using the largest side of a grater OR by just pulsing some rough cut pieces in a food processor; the end product should resemble smallish grains of rice.
- STIR FRY: Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the carrots and garlic and stir fry until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, edamame, and remaining sesame oil to the pan; stir fry quickly to cook the cauliflower to a soft (but not mushy) texture.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: Make a well in the middle, turn the heat down, and add the eggs. Stir gently and continuously until the eggs are fully cooked. Stir in the soy sauce and green onions just before serving.
- This recipe tastes best the same day, in my opinion. The cauliflower just gets so overly cauliflower-smelling when you have it as leftovers.
- For the sauce on top, I just whisked equal parts soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and oyster sauce together and drizzled it over top with sesame seeds. I like a little pretty flair like that.