In case you need to recognise, my favourite lunches recently involve floor red meat browned with garlic and ginger, sautéed carrots and cabbage cooked down in a few soy sauce and chili paste, a pleasant little heap of warm rice, a dusting of chinese language five-spice.
sure, meet The Egg Roll Bowl. I made them, and cherished them, and now make them frequently for meal prep. but really, this one is all you men!
I requested some months into my maternity go away this autumn what your favorite smooth recipes were, and SO a lot of YOU stated Egg Roll Bowls!
To which I said: mmmk what the heck is an Egg Roll Bowl?!
To which the net stated: seasoned ground red meat and veggies and… sort of something else you want… in a bowl. Like an egg roll, however without the wrapper.
The fact that you can purchase a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw (sans sauce) and toss it in the pan with your beef, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and quite tons have this meal, like, completely achieved? it’s a sport changer.
you already know i really like fast and clean when it comes to meal prep, so all aboard, due to the fact this egg roll educate is fast speedy.
15-minute egg roll in a bowl
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Egg Roll in a Bowl! Ground pork browned with garlic and ginger, sautéed carrots and cabbage cooked down in some soy sauce and chili paste, a nice little heap of hot rice. YUM.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 knob of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 5–6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 large carrots, diagonally sliced
- Rice and green onions for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant.
- Add the five-spice, soy sauce, and pork. Break apart until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix and carrots. Toss until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Serve over rice, with green onions and Sriracha if you like that kinda thing. (I do.)