Currently i have been seeking to reintroduce Avocado into my repertoire. if you keep in mind, a couple of months in the past I said I had overdosed at the stuff and the very sight of the inexperienced scrotum resembling fruit made me unwell. k, I simply simply made myself vomit a bit in my mouth with that previous sentence. now not a great start.
Anyway… in a bid to get myself reacquainted with the terrific Avocado, I determined to make an Avocado & sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. I chucked some Avocado, solar-Dried Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Cashews and red Pepper Flakes into the meals processor and needed for the pleasant. a few minutes later, i was rewarded with a pesto that scarily tasted very much like Bolognese sauce, sans the 3 hours of simmering. top notch-sauce, actually.
Soooo, what does one do with an entire jar of pretty delicious Avocado & solar-Dried Tomato Pesto? We boil up a ship load of Spaghetti and toss the ones cheeky little suckers into our incredible sauce. Do the noodle dance while you’re at it.
Not gonna blabber on anymore, but I’m just going to tell you to make this Avocado & solar-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta. It’s quite a whole lot a complete meal in underneath 15 minutes, which is constantly notable because who has the time to tinker bout within the kitchen whilst you’d rather be gambling with yourself?! Scroll down for the recipe and enjoy!
AVOCADO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA
Spaghetti tossed in Avocado Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. Creamy, simple, yum.
- 15 min : Prep Time
- 10 min : Cook Time
- 25 min : Total Time
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- Water to cook Pasta
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Basil
- 1/2 cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (oil packed, but drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons reserved Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Cook Spaghetti according to directions on package.
- Whilst the Spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed Cashew is fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
- Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve cooking water. Combine pasta with pesto and toss till noodles are coated well. Add about 1/2 a cup of reserved pasta water and toss, to loosen up the pesto.
- Serve warm.