Baked honey BBQ chicken bites are made with tender chook pieces rolled in a crunchy topping and blanketed in honey fish fry sauce. short and clean appetizer!
these baked honey BBQ chook bites are a easy 30 minute appetizer that’s perfect for recreation day and events.
BAKED HONEY BBQ CHICKEN BITESPrep Time : 10 MINS
Cook Time : 15 MINS
Total Time : 25 MINS
Baked honey BBQ chicken bites are made with tender chicken pieces rolled in a crunchy topping and covered in honey barbecue sauce. Quick and easy appetizer!
- 5 cups Corn flakes cereal Crushed
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 tsp Paprkia
- 1/4 tsp Chili flakes Optional
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 pounds Chicken breasts Cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- In a mixing bowl, add cornflakes, salt, pepper, paprika, chili flakes (optional), garlic powder, onion powder and mix everything together.
- In another bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk them together.
- Dip each chicken piece in flour first.
- Then, dip it in egg.
- Then, cover it in crushed cornflakes mixture.
- Place these breaded chicken pieces on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken bites are baking, prepare the honey bbq sauce: In a small saucepan, add bbq sauce and honey and cook on medium heat until fully combined.
- Place the baked chicken bites in a bowl, and pour this honey barbecue sauce all over them. Toss until fully coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!