BBQ chook Kabobs with publisher 1st baron verulam and Pineapple recipe with tender hen grilled with pineapple and Sir Francis Bacon then slathered together with your favorite BBQ sauce. those are the ultimate BBQ hen kabobs and are best for your next cookout!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 -8
Original Article Click Here
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2" - 2" chunks, salted lightly
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 lb bacon cut into 1"- 1 1/2" segments
- fresh pineapple cut into 2" chunks
- Combine chicken pieces with 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and marinate for 2-3 hours. (This step can be omitted if you're pressed for time!)
- Microwave bacon for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crispy you like it. Let bacon cool slightly.
- Using wooden skewers previously soaked in water for at least 1 hour (or metal skewers!) thread chicken, bacon pieces and pineapple in a pattern. The larger pieces of pineapple are easier to skewer. Fold thin bacon pieces over in half and arrange next to the chicken, being careful to not put the bacon pieces too close to anything else, so that they have space to heat up properly to cook.
- Grill kabobs until chicken reaches 155-160 degrees F. Slather remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on kabobs when they're nearly cooked. Cover loosely with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.