If now not, grasp your measuring spoons and permit’s make a brief batch selfmade! Cajun seasoning has lengthy been one in every of my move-to faves for amping up the whole thing from chicken to seafood, veggies to potatoes, soups to stir-frys, dips to dippers, roasting inside the oven or on the grill you call it. It’s one of these wonderful spice blends that works well with just about the entirety. And this particular formidable, zesty, and home made Cajun seasoning combination is my all-time fave.
What's CAJUN SEASONING?
alright but first, let’s returned up a sec. precisely what's Cajun seasoning, you would possibly ask? It’s a country seasoning combo that hails from Louisiana, the home of scrumptious Cajun delicacies. anybody has a tendency to have their own spin on it, but in trendy, it’s a spicy blend proposing lots of paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper and oregano. numerous different seasonings can be brought to flavor. I’ve also covered salt in my blend, so that you can use the seasoning on its own. but you’re welcome to go away the salt out if you will favor to add it one after the other to flavor.
This homemade Cajun Seasoning recipe is the perfect blend of zesty, spicy, savory flavors that are sure to kick any dish up a delicious notch.
TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOK TIME: 0 MINS
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons fine kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or spice jar until evenly combined.
- Use immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 1 year