It’s no secret I’m partial to chickpeas – they’re a awesome addition to soups, stews, salads, sandwiches, you name it. no longer handiest are they an awesome vegetarian protein source, however they can also bump up the feel in a dish. if you’ve been reading the weblog for a while, although, that I’m no longer partial to tender meals. once in a while I’m craving some thing crispy in a salad, and chickpeas’ smooth texture gained’t satisfy me.
input: roasted chickpeas. They nevertheless have all the protein and heartiness of everyday chickpeas, however they’ve turn out to be an impossible to resist salty, crunchy component. Even better, they’re a awesome healthful vegan snack on their personal!
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Prep time : 5 mins
- Cook time : 20 mins
- Total time : 25 mins
Make crispy roasted chickpeas for a protein-packed vegan snack. I also love them in salads or on sandwiches and bowls!
- Author: Jeanine Donofrio
- Recipe type: Component, Snack
- Serves: 1½ cups
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Paprika, curry powder, or other spices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.
- Transfer the dried chickpeas to the baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of salt.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of your favorite spices, if using.
- Store roasted chickpeas in a loosely-covered container at room temperature. They are best used within two days.