This luxurious, subtly-spiced Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup recipe will heat you from the inner out. it's miles certainly gluten-loose, dairy-loose, vegan, paleo and equipped to eat in just 20 minutes!
This smooth-to-make soup is good for chilly weather and evenings while you need some thing easy and comforting. it's miles thick, complete of flavor and comes together in mere minutes! it's far best for meal prepping, so experience free to make a batch in advance of time to have on hand for the approaching week.
This Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup recipe might be remarkable for unique and taking along to fall and winter gatherings. in view that it's miles certainly gluten-unfastened, paleo and vegan, it is suitable for lots humans following special diets.
essential substances IN CURRIED COCONUT PUMPKIN SOUP
now not handiest is this pumpkin soup recipe quick and clean, it's also extraordinarily nutritious. Pumpkin is rich in diet A, that's vital for preserving your eyesight sharp. Pumpkin is also a very good supply of fiber, which keeps you feeling full for longer on fewer calories.
Coconut milk gives the soup a wealthy and creamy consistency, without the usage of heavy cream. a hint of curry powder gives it the slightest trace of warm Indian spices with out being overly spicy.
This soup has a silky texture because all the substances get combined together until easy. I opt to use an immersion blender to puree the soup, but you can use a regular/conventional blender as an alternative.
crucial – be sure to apply these protection precautions whilst using a traditional blender to blend warm beverages:
- combo the recent liquid in batches and best fill the blender up until it is halfway complete. Any greater than that could cause a extreme coincidence.
- earlier than you begin blending, take away the middle insert within the lid of your blender. Then, region your give up pinnacle the lid with a dish towel and keep most of the hole covered. this is accomplished to allow the recent steam to break out and save you any splashes at the same time as the blender is running.
if you make this Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup recipe, permit me realize! price it and go away a comment beneath, because i love listening to from you!
Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup
This easy Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo and ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
- Course: Appetizer, Main, Side
- Cuisine: American, Indian
- Keyword: Budget, Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Calories: 188kcal
- Author: Everyday Easy Eats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
Optional garnishes: Extra coconut milk, pumpkin seeds
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, broth and coconut milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a traditional blender and puree in batches until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with a drizzle of coconut milk and pumpkin seeds if using.
- The soup is meant to have a rich consistency, but if it is too thick for you, just add more broth or some water to thin it out.
- If you are not vegetarian or vegan, the vegetable broth can be substituted with chicken broth.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 223.9% | Vitamin C: 6.4% | Calcium: 3.6% | Iron: 18.4%