This Indian Coconut Chickpea Curry recipe is hearty, flavorful and equipped to consume in just half-hour. clearly vegan and gluten-loose!
you're going to love this wealthy, creamy curry made with chickpeas, coconut milk and fresh spinach. it's miles full of protein and nutrition and is so unbelievably easy to make. excellent of all, you possibly have already got all the components sitting on your pantry!
commonly while you examine Indian recipes, they consist of a big range of spices in the component listing that many people don’t easily have accessible. So, I evolved a recipe that makes use of curry powder, which contains a variety of aromatic Indian spices which have been floor up and mixed together in a single on hand package deal. only a small amount of curry powder is used in this recipe, so that it offers the curry just the slightest hint of warm Indian spices with out being overly spicy.
This Indian Coconut Chickpea Curry recipe is good for busy weeknights, as it can provide most flavor in minimum time. Serve it with steamed basmati rice, heat naan or flatbread for an entire, satisfying dinner while you are within the mood for something distinct.
This recipe could be top notch for unique or taking alongside to a potluck. in view that it's miles naturally gluten-unfastened and vegan, it is appropriate for plenty human beings following unique diets. it's also ideal for meal prepping, so sense free to make a batch in advance of time to have handy for the coming week.
Indian Coconut Chickpea CurryThis recipe for Indian Coconut Chickpea Curry is hearty, flavorful and ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Naturally vegan and gluten-free!
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: Indian
- Keyword: Budget, Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Calories: 380kcal
- Author: Everyday Easy Eats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped packed fresh spinach
- Optional garnish: Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach. Cook for about 3 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Serve warm, garnished with cilantro if using.
Serve with rice or flatbread for a satisfying meal.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 922mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 61.5% | Vitamin C: 26.6% | Calcium: 13.8% | Iron: 40.4%