Yassss. i love when meal prep (or simply an amazing meal in preferred) includes hearty entire wheat pasta, roasted cauliflower, and a creamy sauce with a success of spice to it. Win, win, win.
That’s what’s going on these days. we have a celebration up on this residence:
- Roasted pink peppers
- Spicy tomato sauce
- Complete wheat pasta
- Roasty cauliflower
- Red pepper flakes
- YUM YUM YUM YUM
This is absolutely cheeseless and dairy-free. but nevertheless absolutely creamy and lavish. also: loaded with veg (cauliflower, roasted purple peppers) and wonderful filling (thank you, entire wheat pasta).
This week i am throwing this in my little meal prep boxes (SO lovable! I got them right here) and portioning it out with some snackable snap peas and a handful of path mix.
Obviously we're the use of DeLallo entire wheat pasta, due to the fact we adore DeLallo, due to the fact they feed us suitable meals. DeLallo is actually the gold standard when it comes to entire wheat pasta. It’s rustic and hearty and the bronze-cut texture is subsequent level. Sauces persist with it perfectly.
Speaking of sauce. DeLallo is one of the very few manufacturers that doesn’t placed added sugars of their tomato sauces! And on the grounds that we are doing Sugar loose January and also seeking out food that TASTES extraordinary right… DeLallo tomato sauce suits each classes. Double win.
RED PEPPER CASHEW PASTA WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Red Pepper Cashew Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower. TOO GOOD TO EVEN BE TRUE. This sauce is a three-ingredient game-changer!
For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + pinch of salt
For the Sauce and Pasta:
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (25 oz) pasta sauce (I use DeLallo because there’s no added sugar, and because their spicy arrabbiata sauce is life)
- 1 16-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta (I used DeLallo again)
- greens for garnishing
- Cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and salt and spread on a baking sheet. Bake/roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nice and brown.
- Creamy Tomato Sauce: Blend the cashews, water, salt, pasta sauce, and red peppers together until very smooth and creamy. YUMMMMMM.
- Pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss cooked pasta with some of the sauce (however much you want – you’ll probably have some leftover) and most of the roasted cauliflower (I reserve a little to make for a fancy topping).
This will make extra sauce. I had enough leftover for a second half-batch of this recipe.