How do you enjoy all of your favored stuff (cinnamon rolls, eggnog, Christmas cookies) with out going into full-blown rabid excursion consuming mode for 31 immediately days?
I think I recognize the solution. My answer, in any case.
Meal prep. As in making meals beforehand of time and portioning it out so that you are sport ON for wholesome breakfasts, lunches, and/or dinners.
And yes, I’m learning this a little past due in the sport. “Meal prep” as a idea has been round for a long term and i’ve by no means jumped on that teach till now. something approximately December this yr has me thoroughly enjoying becoming a greater organized, properly-organized version of myself. because the ones cookies. those cookies are suitable.
(Which rings a bell in my memory – if you want to bake, my buddy Sally has a December Cookie Palooza that is so lovable and i'm addicted to her cookie motion pictures and allow’s be addicted to them collectively. maybe this 12 months i will get energized and actually bake some. perhaps you’ll bake some, too. Youdabest, Sal.)
The aspect I constantly find around the vacations is that even as cookies and treats are on everybody’s thoughts (myself covered), what I *really* emerge as most trying and desiring is a few yummy normal meals to balance me out. I’m speakme about some thing fresh, or nutritious, with some a good spicy kick to it on occasion, and perhaps a touch salty and a bite of crunch right here and there.
something that asserts to my body: here. Take a breather. rest up. % within the vitamins. Get ready for that celebration this night. where there can be cookies. Which you will experience.
Spicy Chicken Meal Prep With Rice And Beans
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Spicy Chicken Meal Prep with rice and beans + a yummy cilantro sauce = healthy meal prep to last you all week! Meal planning that is healthy, delicious, AND beautiful!
For the Chicken Meal Prep:
- 1 cup long grain white rice (quinoa also works – see notes)
- 1 cup water
- 14 ounces of fresh salsa (undrained canned tomatoes also work)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- about 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 4–6 smallish pieces
- lots of spices like cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne (taco seasoning also works).
For Adding In Later:
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- a handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- sunshine sauce
- Cook: Place the rice, water, tomatoes, salt, and oil in the pot. Stir to combine. Place the chicken pieces on top and sprinkle generously with your favorite spices and some salt. Turn the instant pot on high pressure for 7-8 minutes. When done, use the quick release valve for the steam.
- Mix: Remove the chicken. Mix the black beans (and maybe a little sunshine sauce) in with the rice.
- Meal Prep Yourself: Divide the rice and beans amongst 4-6 meal prep containers . Top each with a piece of chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with a spoonful of sauce.