She is my preferred bowl to date – this coming from a serial bowl-recipe addict – and he or she is loaded with properly such things as rice noodles, candy garlic lime sauce, peanuts, rainbow veggies, and mint / basil / cilantro, and she’s here to say hi friends i love YOUUUU
She is the SPRING ROLL BOWL, making her look just in time for SPRING as inside the time of yr when climate is meant to get heat and sunny and glad-clean.
I always have to say it, because it’s that vital for a recipe that features fish sauce: DO no longer SNIFF THE BOTTLE.
Fish sauce is that deliciously mysterious substance that smells deathly but, no, for actual – it tastes like magic when mixed with the right pals: lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, and the other ordinary suspects. today is our day to be the fish-sauce-charmers who bring out the satisfactory and most effective the quality of the fish sauce, and meaning, certainly else, do now not let the urge to simply take a look at if it nevertheless smells as terrible because it did ultimate time get the pleasant of you. IT nevertheless SMELLS just AS horrific, okay?
The herbs, alternatively, scent better than ever because spring! new existence! The mint and cilantro and basil together – it’s literal food heaven to mix the cool freshness of that herb trio with the saltiness and tang of the sauce.
we are in that unhappy season of Minnesota lifestyles wherein shopping for basil way paying $4 for that little plastic bundle with essentially three single basil leaves in it – however we are rapid coming near the time wherein fresh herbs (basil covered!) are becoming more without problems available in extra than three-leaf packages, at which factor i'm able to glaringly lessen myself to dwelling totally at the lushness of those flavor-packed spring roll bowls – , as a way to stay seasonally. i'm able to take one for the crew on this.
SPRING ROLL BOWLS WITH SWEET GARLIC LIME SAUCE
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Spring Roll Bowls – basil, mint, rice noodles, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and whatever other protein and veggies you have on hand! Easy to make meatless!
- for the sweet garlic lime sauce:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
for the bowls:
- Rice Noodles
- Basil, Mint, and Cilantro (plz use all three – they’re so good together!)
- Serrano Peppers
- Chopped Peanuts
- Veggies –> like carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers
- Protein –> like shrimp, tofu, chicken (optional)
- SAUCE PREP: Pulse the sauce ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- NOODLE PREP: Cook your rice noodles by soaking them in cold water for about 30 minutes. When they’re softened, transfer to a pot of boiling water for just a minute or two before quickly draining again. *This is my preferred method because it prevents them from getting overly sticky.*
- VEG PREP: Mince the herbs, slice the serranos, and peel or julienne cut the vegetables.
- BOWL PREP: Toss the noodles (hot or cold! your choice, friend) with the sweet garlic lime sauce and all the other ingredients.