Pasta is one among my absolute favored things to devour, and after I made this one, I knew I needed to share.
It’s pretty a whole lot creating a brief white sauce, then blending it with solar dried tomatoes which brings a burst a flavour! adding chilli flakes gives it some warmth, so you add up with a totally tasty creamy and highly spiced solar dried tomato sauce.
I used jarred solar dried tomatoes that still had herbs and garlic blanketed. I haven’t tried using sun dried tomatoes that aren’t in oil and without the extra flavourings but so I’m unsure if this would impact the flavor. if you give it a pass, I would like to recognize the way it went within the comments!
To make this gluten free, use your favored gluten unfastened pasta. i really like explore cuisine natural chickpea pasta. i discovered it has a actually similar texture to wheat pasta and it’s also a amazing more healthy choice.
CREAMY SPICY SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA
Author: Amy Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: 2 to 3 servings Category: dinner Method: cooking
A creamy spicy sun dried tomato sauce that’s simple and quick to make. Uses simple ingredients which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Vegan and gluten free when using your favourite gluten free pasta.
- 250g uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic gloves, minced (2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (jarred in oil, with garlic and herbs included), drained from any oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 to 3 big handfuls of rocket or baby spinach
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions, but leave the pasta just slightly undercooked. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Mix in cornflour and cook for a further minute. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 cup of almond milk, making sure that the mixture is smooth besides the garlic. When it has thickened, add the remaining cup of almond milk. When it has thickened slightly (it will thicken further when blended), pour this into a blender.
- Add 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast and 1/3 cup water to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Rinse out the frying pan and heat up 1/2 tsp of oil. Cut the remaining sun dried tomatoes to be roughly 2cm pieces. Add this along with the onion to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Add chilli flakes and dried oregano and cook for a further minute. If it sticks to the frying pan, add a splash of water.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, making sure the heat is low to medium to prevent it from sticking. When the sauce is heated through, add in the pasta. Add pepper to taste and any extra salt or a splash of water if needed. When the pasta is heated through, serve this on top of the greens.