AVOCADO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA
Spaghetti tossed in Avocado Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. Creamy, simple, yum.
- 15 min : Prep Time
- 10 min : Cook Time
- 25 min : Total Time
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- Water to cook Pasta
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Basil
- 1/2 cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (oil packed, but drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons reserved Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Cook Spaghetti according to directions on package.
- Whilst the Spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed Cashew is fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
- Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve cooking water. Combine pasta with pesto and toss till noodles are coated well. Add about 1/2 a cup of reserved pasta water and toss, to loosen up the pesto.
- Serve warm.