Candy grilled corn, fresh rosemary, mozzarella and gorgonzola mingle collectively on an easy home made pizza dough that’s grilled for maximum taste and an excellent char.
there has been a spate of about 6 months when I went vegetarian. My reason? i used to be in hopes of gaining readability and consciousness on how my frame felt and how my mind clicked. being attentive to what goes into my body and how it affects me on every level became high-quality vicinity for me to start.
I’m now not positive that I don't forget what bumped me off the vegetarian train. maximum possibly i was lured by using some thing from the grill that I’d clearly been missing on my plate and some distance from the clean flavors of this charred corn grilled pizza recipe I’m sharing today.
Charred Corn and Rosemary Grilled Pizza
- For the Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour divided
- Find-ground conrmeal for rolling
- For the Pizza
- 1 recipe homemade pizza crust
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella torn or shredded
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola crumbled
- To make the crust: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook (or in a bowl and using a wooden spoon), combine the water, honey and yeast. Let sit until the yeast activates, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil, sea salt, unbleached all-purpose flour, and 1/2 cup of the white whole wheat flour. Turn on the mixer and mix until the dough comes together, adding 1 tablespoon of the white whole wheat flour at a time until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl and is no longer sticky. Remove from the mixer, cover with a warm damp towel, and place the bowl in a draft-free spot to rise for 1 hour.
- After the initial rise, punch down the dough and preheat the grill to medium-low heat.
- Shuck the corn and remove and silks still left. Rub the corn with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and place on the grill. Cook, turning occasionally until charred, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly, then remove the kernels from the cob.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal on a cutting board or pizza peel and turn the dough out onto the cornmeal and roll into a 14-inch circle. Brush the top with 1/2 of the olive oil. Place the crust olive oil side down on the grill and cook until puffed and browned.Flip and brush the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil onto the dough, then sprinkle on the garlic, rosemary, cheeses and charred corn kernels.
- Grill the pizza until the cheese has melted and the crust has a nice char. If the crust is cooking too fast, move the pizza to a cooler part of the grill.