This flavorful chook taco soup may be made on the stovetop or within the sluggish cooker. it's hearty and crowned with cheese quesadilla croutons! I howsweeteats.com #chicken #tacosoup I realize! It’s April 1st and here i am, approximately to ramble on about SOUP. Soup of all matters, at the beginning of Spring. I swear there is a superb motive for it. Don’t run! First, April has a tendency to be awesome wet, so there may be constantly that need for consolation meals. And 2nd, as a extreme soup lover, now and again I need soup for lunch and dinner, despite the fact that it’s 75 stages out. you already know? i like to break all the rules. Or not even observe them in the first vicinity.
Years in the past (and we are talking yearssss), I shared an clean hen tortilla soup. It’s a simply darn desirable soup for the way quickly it comes collectively. It’s one I make frequently, however I make it a bit in another way in recent times. returned then, I didn’t make my own enchilada sauce. Now I do, so i exploit that if I make the soup. I also add in some more spices. I’ve never gone lower back and edited the recipe because so a lot of you still make it these days.
CHICKEN TACO SOUP WITH CHEESE QUESADILLASINGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 to 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 lime juiced
- fresh chopped cilantro
- fresh chopped green onions
- shredded white cheddar cheese
- sliced avocado
- lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup freshly grated Monterey jack cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Stir in the onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and paprika. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, green chiles, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Add in the beans. Stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover and add the corn. Cook for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime. Serve immediately with the cheese quesadillas on top and lots of your favorite garnishes.
- If you’re making this in the slow cooker, add everything but the corn to the slow cooker and cook on low. You can cook this up to 6 to 8 hours – or it will taste great after 2 hours! About 15 minutes before serving, I stir in the frozen corn.
- CHEESE QUESADILLA CROUTONS
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Place one tortilla on a cutting board and add spread the cheese evenly over top. Place the other tortilla on top.
- Gently transfer the quesadilla to the skillet. Cook on both sides until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the quesadilla back to the cutting board. Let it cool for 5 minutes so the cheese can set slightly.
- Slice the quesadilla into pieces (I like to do squares) and serve immediately with the soup!