Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup
This easy Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo and ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
- Course: Appetizer, Main, Side
- Cuisine: American, Indian
- Keyword: Budget, Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Calories: 188kcal
- Author: Everyday Easy Eats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
Optional garnishes: Extra coconut milk, pumpkin seeds
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, broth and coconut milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a traditional blender and puree in batches until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with a drizzle of coconut milk and pumpkin seeds if using.
- The soup is meant to have a rich consistency, but if it is too thick for you, just add more broth or some water to thin it out.
- If you are not vegetarian or vegan, the vegetable broth can be substituted with chicken broth.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 223.9% | Vitamin C: 6.4% | Calcium: 3.6% | Iron: 18.4%