Indian Coconut Chickpea CurryThis recipe for Indian Coconut Chickpea Curry is hearty, flavorful and ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Naturally vegan and gluten-free!
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: Indian
- Keyword: Budget, Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Calories: 380kcal
- Author: Everyday Easy Eats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped packed fresh spinach
- Optional garnish: Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach. Cook for about 3 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Serve warm, garnished with cilantro if using.
Serve with rice or flatbread for a satisfying meal.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 922mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 61.5% | Vitamin C: 26.6% | Calcium: 13.8% | Iron: 40.4%