Swiss Pan Burgers with Rosemary-Mushroom Pan SauceIngredients
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 small shallot, minced and divided (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced and divided
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 buns
- Combine ground beef, 2 Tablespoons shallots, 2/3 of the minced rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl then mix until combined. Create 4 burger patties then set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a very large (10-12") cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet. Add burger patties then saute for 4-5 minutes a side for burgers cooked to medium, add swiss cheese slices then allow to melt slightly (don't let cheese melt onto skillet or it will burn.) Transfer to a plate then loosely tent with a piece of nonstick-sprayed foil.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in skillet then add mushrooms and remaining Tablespoon shallots. Season with salt and pepper then saute until mushrooms are golden brown, 5 minutes. Add remaining rosemary and garlic then saute for 1 more minute. Add beef broth then simmer, scraping the bits up from the bottom of the pan, until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, 5 minutes. Add remaining Tablespoon butter then stir until melted. Place burgers on buns then top with mushrooms and sauce.