Your look for the quality crispy Oven Fried hen recipe stops right here. This Baked Fried bird has been a family favourite since the day I first made it – and is ready to come to be a brand new preferred of yours too! The chook is marinated in spiced buttermilk then breaded with flour, panko, cornmeal and spices then baked in a bit butter for the fine Baked Oven Fried bird ever!
the usa has some quite top notch meals from barbecue Ribs to Philly Cheeseseak Sandwiches to beef Brisket Sandwiches, to Thanksgiving Turkey but the pleasant of all might be Fried fowl!
i'm no longer going to lie, i like fried chicken, specifically my Nashville Fried fowl. but I simply loved these Baked Oven Fried fowl Tenders just as plenty! NO EXAGGERATION. So I assume it’s safe to alert you that you might go a bit loopy for this Baked Fried bird recipe. And once I say crazy, I suggest can’t prevent obsessing about it, craving it, trying each meal to be it. because this Oven Fried hen tastes like KFC but with a fraction of the fat – which means you may devour your very own KFC every time-you-want.
Best Oven Fried Chicken
This Oven Fried Chicken tastes like KFC but with a fraction of the fat – which means you can eat your very own baked "fried chicken" whenever-you-want!!! The chicken is marinated in spiced buttermilk then breaded with flour, panko, cornmeal and spices then baked in a little butter for the BEST Baked Oven Fried Chicken ever!
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Servings -6
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon salt (it won't taste salty)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (may sub. regular)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix Spices together in a small sealable bag. Add 1 tablespoon Spices, 1 cup buttermilk and chicken to a large freezer bag and marinate 6-24 hours. Store remaining spices.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper (foil will NOT work because the chicken sticks to it). Add butter to baking tray and melt in oven while it preheats. Remove baking tray once butter is melted.
- Mix together flour, panko, cornmeal and remaining spices in a large bowl. Add half of this breading mixture to a large freezer bag.
- Remove chicken tenders from buttermilk and dab off excess marinade with paper towels.
- Add half of the chicken to the breadcrumb bag and shake until well coated, pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken with your fingers through the bag. Lay breaded chicken in butter on baking tray. Add remaining breadcrumb mixture to bag along with remaining chicken and repeat.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden then carefully flip chicken and bake another 5 minutes then broil to desired crispiness.*
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!