Omemade Vegan Ravioli With Tofu And Spinach
This homemade vegan ravioli recipe with an easy tofu and spinach filling is perfect for a cosy dinner! It requires just 8 ingredients, and is also gluten-free and oil-free, not to mention seriously tasty.
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 oz extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 cups spinach chopped
Prepare the dough
- Start by preparing the dough. Add the chickpea flour, salt and water to a mixing bowl and mix well, then knead using your hands until a dough ball forms. The dough should be quite taught, so be careful not to add too much liquid.
- Set it aside for around ten minutes and in the meantime, prepare the filling.
- Crumble the tofu into a 'scramble' in a small mixing bowl, add the tamari and black pepper, and stir.
- Transfer the tofu to a non-stick saucepan with the garlic and stir for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the spinach and stir for around a minute more, until it wilts down.
Assemble the ravioli
- Roll out the dough into a thin roughly square layer, about 1/8-1/4 inch in thickness. If the layer of dough is too small for your work surface, divide it into 2 and repeat the process twice.
- Mark an equal amount of scores along each edge of the dough, and use them as guidance to cut the dough so that a 'grid' forms (see photo in the recipe post). Place small dollops of the filling on every square in alternating rows, making sure to leave plenty of room around the edges. Then, use the empty squares to cover the filling and press down the edges using either your fingers or a fork.
- Transfer them to a baking sheet and prepare a pot of lightly boiling water. Make sure it is not bubbling too much, as that may cause the ravioli to crumble. Cook the ravioli for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface, working in batches if necessary. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon, and enjoy!