Banana-less Keto Banana Nut Muffins
- 4 tbsp butter – melted, not hot
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (from carton)
- 2 tsp banana extract
- ¼ cup granulated erythritol
- ¼ tsp liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cups walnut pieces (or chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with parchment liners.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and let it cool. Then add the eggs, coconut milk, banana extract, erythritol, liquid stevia, and sift in the 1 TABLESPOON baking powder. Mix with a hand mixer preferably.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, and cinnamon and mix again until well combined.
- Add the walnuts and fold them into the batter with a spatula or spoon.
- Add batter to the muffin liners until it is equally distributed (mine was about ¾ way full).
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. You want to see a little golden brown on the tops of the muffins.
- With any muffin, it is always preferable to immediately take them out of the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack so they aren’t cooked anymore by the heat of the muffin pan.
- Let cool and enjoy! You can store extras in a container in the fridge and microwave for 8 seconds if you like to eat them warm