Keto Casserole With Ground Beef & Broccoli
Like a cross between a cheeseburger and a lasagna, this comforting keto casserole has ground beef, broccoli, tomato sauce, and cheddar cheese. It's great for anyone looking for a comforting and easy-to-make low carb dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 370 kcal
- 16 ounces 90-95% extra lean ground beef
- 14 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 12 ounces small broccoli florets
- 6 ounces (1 3/4 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Cut any broccoli florets larger than 2 inches into smaller pieces, and add all broccoli to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until tender, about 5 minutes. Let them drain and steam out on paper towels.
- Pat the ground beef dry with paper towels, if wet. On a large pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned, about 5 minutes, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Add tomato sauce, celery, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne to the pan with the beef, stirring together. Simmer for at least 10 minutes until it thickens to a sauce-like consistency, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let the moisture steam out.
- Directly in the baking dish: add broccoli, beef-tomato mixture, and half of the cheddar cheese. Carefully stir until well-mixed.
- Evenly top with remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 F until the casserole begins bubbling up the sides and starts to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it.