Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
Flavorful vegan pasta made with avocado, spinach, and classic pesto ingredients.
- 8 ounces dry pasta of choice
- 1 medium avocado, skin and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups basil, loosely packed
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and spreadable. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Toss pesto and pasta together. Enjoy topped with fresh cherry tomatoes.