Vegan Spicy Thai Peanut Ramen
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Green curry paste
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth, divided
- 1 Can(13oz.-14oz.) Coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter, natural or organic
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 12 Ounces Ramen noodles
- Optional Toppings
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, black or white
- Thai chilis
- Peanuts, chopped
- Other veggies you may want
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the chopped garlic and grated ginger. Saute, reducing heat as needed for a minute or 2 to cook the garlic.
- Now, add the curry paste, and stir it into the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Then add 3 cups of veggie broth and the coconut milk. Stir to combine everything. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining cup of broth and the peanut butter. I find this makes it easier to incorporate the peanut butter.
- Now, add the peanut butter and broth to the pot and whisk to combine.
- Then add the soy sauce, agave and lime juice. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes to develop the flavors. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a pinch of salt if needed or more lime juice or agave if needed.
- Right before serving, add the ramen noodles into the pot. Simmer them, cooking according to package directions. They usually only take a minute or two.
- Serve immediately as is, or add the optional toppings, veggies or tofu or whatever you want.