Chicken Noodle Soup
A simple yet perfectly delicious chicken noodle soup! Filled with lots of noodles, veggies and tender chicken. It has lots of flavor, and it's just what you need on a chilly day! A recipe you'll want on repeat.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp each chopped fresh thyme, rosemary and sage*
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups medium egg noodles (dry)
- 12 oz . shredded rotisserie chicken (from about a 2 lb rotisserie chicken)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onions and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir in chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, sage and half of the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, cover and boil over medium heat until noodles are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes (or as directed on package).
- Stir in chicken and heat through, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon and parsley and serve warm.