Chili + Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Lime Juice
Honeyed and savory roasted sweet potatoes make for a perfect side or a pre-workout snack to fuel you up.
- 1 sweet potato cut half lengthwise
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 TBSP liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Harissa or cayenne optional
- Kosher salt + cracked black pepper
- 1 lime halved
- Fresh chopped parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush each sweet potato halve with olive oil, skin included.
- Season the entire sweet potato with kosher salt + cracked black pepper.
- Score the top halves (interior flesh) with a knife.
- Season each top halve with chili powder, paprika and harissa or cayenne, if using.
- Bake for 20 mins at 400 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and smear the top halves with honey.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, remove from oven.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over both halves upon serving, and add parsley.