CRISPY BREAKFAST POTATOES WITH CHILI GARLIC OIL AND HERBS
This is that can't beat brunch dish that everyone loves. Roasted baby potatoes, crispy bacon, and soft-boiled eggs, all served together and topped with a garlic chili oil and plenty of fresh herbs. Bonus? The potatoes and bacon are cooked together on ONE sheet pan!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved if large
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 soft or hard boiled eggs, halved or quartered
GARLIC CHILI OIL
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or smashed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss together the olive oil, potatoes, lemon zest, parmesan, and a small pinch each of salt and pepper. Lay the bacon flat, draped over the potatoes. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, toss and continue roasting another 20-25 minutes, or until golden and the bacon crisp. If the bacon begins getting too crisp before the potatoes are done, remove the bacon from the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic chili oil. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the basil, cook 30 seconds more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes and bacon from the oven and transfer to a serving plate, draining off any excess grease. Arrange the eggs over the potatoes. Drizzle with garlic chili oil and finish with fresh dill and chives. Serve warm.