Everything Bagel Baked Chicken Tenders
YIELD: SERVES 3
TOTAL TIME:20 MINUTES
PREP TIME:5 MINUTES
COOK TIME:15 MINUTES
Everything Bagel Baked Chicken Tenders – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and perfectly CRISPY on the outside!! Tastes like an everything bagel met chicken on the way to the oven and so GOOD! Don’t bother frying chicken when you can bake it!!
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning (or homemade as outlined in the blog post)
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, ketchup, etc. for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup; set aside.
- To a large ziptop storage bag add the panko, everything bagel seasoning, and stir to combine; set bag aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the egg, lightly beat it with a fork, add the chicken, and toss and flip chicken with the fork so all pieces are coated evenly.
- Remove chicken from the bowl using the fork (discard excess egg), drop it into the plastic bag, seal bag, and toss and shake bag to evenly coat the chicken.
- Place chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced. If there is excess panko in the bag, use your fingers to push it onto the chicken in sparsely coated areas.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, flip midway through to ensure even cooking. Serve immediately with your favorite dip or dressig if desired. Chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months, noting that reheated chicken will not retain it’s crispiness.