Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
One of the best taco recipes out there! Chicken thighs are soaked in a bright well seasoned marinade and grilled to perfection (you'll be fighting over those little charred crispy pieces). These chicken street tacos are so flavorful and so easy to make. I frequently serve these chicken tacos to guests and they always get compliments!
- 1 1/2 lbs trimmed boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 mini corn taco shells, warmed (double up if desired)
- 1 large avocado,* cored and sliced
- 1 small red or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Add chicken to a gallon size resealable bag. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin chili powder, cilantro, 1 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken in bag then seal bag while releasing an trapped air. Rub marinade over chicken. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat (it should come to 425 - 450 degrees).
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until chicken has cooked through , turning once halfway through grilling, about 5 - 6 minutes per side (thickest center should register 165 and thighs should be slightly charred).
- Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Dice grilled chicken into cubes. Sprinkle chicken over 1 or 2 tortillas per taco then add an avocado slice, diced chicken, onions and cilantro.
- Serve warm, spritzing each taco with lime juice and drizzling with hot sauce.