Healthy Asian-style Lettuce Wraps made chicken, fresh chopped vegetables and a delicious stir-fry sauce, served in a cold and crisp lettuce leaf. Enjoy them as an appetizer or main dish!
- 1 red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root , minced
- 1 cup water chestnuts , chopped
- 1 head Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Sriracha hot sauce , for topping
- For the marinade:
- 1 pound ground chicken , or turkey
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Sauce:
- 5 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Marinade:
- Place marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add chicken and stir to combine. Set aside.
For the sauce:
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the chicken mixture and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Push the chicken to the side of the pan and add the bell pepper, ginger, green onions, and water chestnuts. Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook over medium heat, stirring as needed, until thickened.
- Serve in lettuce cups, topped with sriracha hot sauce, if desired.