Paleo Molten Lava Cake Recipe
Tender chocolate cakes with gooey, rich centers, these paleo molten lava cakes come together quickly and easily, making them one of our favorite paleo dessert recipes.
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips like Enjoy Life
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- coconut milk ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Grease two 6-ounce ramekins with coconut oil. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Place coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 60 seconds then stir well. Continue microwaving in 30-second bursts, stirring very well in between, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg yolks, coconut sugar and salt well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture it into the egg-sugar mixture, then stir in the tapioca starch and almond flour. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the paleo molten lava cake are firm but centers are still very soft. Remove form oven and let cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute. Run a very thin steak or paring knife around the edge of each cake. Cover each with an upside-down dessert plate then carefully turn each one over. Let stand for 10 seconds then unmold. Serve immediately with plenty of vanilla ice cream.