NO BAKE STRAWBERRY ICE BOX CAKE
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1 quart whipping cream (divided)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract - optional
- 1 (14.4 ounce) box graham crackers
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Wash and slice berries.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 1/4 cups of cream until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract (if using) and whip to combine.
- Cover bottom of pan with graham cracker sheets.
- Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with a thin layer of whipped cream, and then a single layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top and swirl it lightly with a spoon. Add a few more strawberries.
- To make the ganache, heat the remaining cream until bubbles form around the edges, then pour over the chocolate. Let it stand for a few minutes, then whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Drizzle this over the layered dessert with a spoon, or transfer to a squeeze bottle and use that to drizzle.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, or until the crackers have softened completely.
- Garnish with additional berries.