ROASTED SWEET POTATO KALE SALAD WITH AVOCADO
- 2 to 4 large eggs
- 2 heads lacinato kale chopped
- 1 large sweet potato chopped
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumblesoptional
LEMON HERB DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp pure maple syrupoptional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley *
- 1/4 cup fresh mint *
- 1/4 tsp sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the chopped sweet potato over a large baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil or olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to toss everything together until potato chunks are well-coated in oil. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, stirring half-way through.
- When potatoes have just a few minutes left, spread the walnuts and pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and roast 3 to 4 minutes, until golden-brown. Remove roasted sweet potato, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds from the oven.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook the eggs. Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a full boil. Using a slotted spoon, carefully drop eggs into the boiling water. Cook 6 minutes, then immediately transfer to an ice bath. Allow eggs to chill in the ice bath at least 15 minutes before peeling.
- Transfer chopped kale to a skillet with 1 to 2 teaspoons avocado oil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale has softened but is still al dente, about 2 minutes. Transfer kale to a colander to strain any liquid and allow it to cool.
- Divide the kale between 2 to 4 bowls. Drizzle with lemon herb dressing (instructions below) and toss well. Top with roasted sweet potatoes, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, feta, avocado, and jammy eggs. Serve and enjoy!
Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small blender and blend until well-combined. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.