WHITE BEAN AND POTATO TACOS
- 2 cups cooked white beans, I used Navy beans, or 1 can of cannelini beans, washed and drained
- 4-5 small potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, and cut into tiny cubes (or 1 large russet potato)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Olive oil for frying
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- To assemble
- 6-8 white corn tortillas, blistered on both sides in a cast iron skillet
- pickled jalapenos & radishes
- cherry tomatoes, halved; I used Sungold cherry tomatoes from my CSA
- lime wedges for serving
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and a large pinch of salt, toss to coat and cover with a tight fitting lid. The potatoes will take about 5-8 minutes to cook through. Be sure to periodically lift the lid, scrape the pan, and toss the potatoes to ensure that all sides are crisp and golden.
- While the potatoes are cooking toss the precooked, warmed, white beans with the chopped cilantro, lime zest, and juice. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- When the potatoes are finished cooking set up an assembly line at your table with the tortillas, potatoes, white beans, and toppings. Allow your family to each build there own to suit their tastes.