Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
With only 5 minutes of prep time and a pressure cooker, this easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork recipe makes the best BBQ sandwiches!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pork shoulder or pork butt 3- 4 pounds boneless
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups barbecue sauce optional
- Mix the paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, ground mustard, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut pork in half, then rub the spice blend all over each piece of pork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté and once it says "hot", add the oil.
- Sauté pork 3-4 minutes on each side until it is brown. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add Coke, water and Worcestershire sauce then close the lid. Make sure the seal is closed.
- Cook on “Manual” or "Meat/Stew" button for 90 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release (about 10 minutes).
- Turn pressure valve to release any more pressure and open the lid.
- Place the pork onto a plate to shred with two forks.
- If you like BBQ sauce on your pork, remove the excess liquid in pot and place the pulled pork back into the Instant Pot. Stir in about 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce, close the lid and place on warm until ready to serve.